Our Orchid Potting Charcoal consists of 5-10mm charcoal fines of English hardwood species and has a PH value of 8 or 9.
- Retains (adsorbs) excess nutrients (fertiliser) and releases them later when needed.
- It is inert (Chemically inactive).
- Filters impurities that can harm an Orchids roots.
- Allow the flow of air through the potting mix.
- Retains moisture and helps good drainage.
- Helps to increase the soil PH.
- Removes unwanted odours.
Orchid Potting Charcoal 10kg Sack
Charcoal is one of the most important components in a good Orchid potting mix. It helps to keep the mixture sweet and filter out impurities. Our Orchid Potting Charcoal is made from Dorset hardwoods and is chemical free, made form 5-10mm fines. It can be used on its own or mixed with other potting materials depending upon the type of Orchid.
Phalaenopsis, Cattleya, Dendrobium and other orchid species grown in the home are tropical epiphyte plants that use modified aerial roots to absorb moisture and nutrients. Horticultural charcoal and other coarse, well-draining growing mediums are essential to successful orchid cultivation, since they are able to support the delicate roots of your plant without smothering them.