Special Offer - Buy 20kg and save 25%!
- Gardener's Biochar holds and delivers nutrients to the soil.
- Biochar absorbs impurities from the soil.
- Retains moisture in light soils.
- Biochar helps condition heavy soils.
- Perfect for hanging baskets & pot plants.
- Excellent mulch or top dressing.
- It can help prevent water stagnation in ponds etc.
- Enhances plant growth and root development.
- Contains some nutrients such as Potassium, Phosphorus and Magnesium.
- Enhances disease and pest resistance.
- Locks nitrogen into the soil.
- Suppresses methane emissions from the soil (CH4, a global warming potential 21 times higher than Carbon dioxide).
- Reduces nitrous oxide emissions from soil (N2O, a global warming potential 300 times higher than Carbon dioxide).
- Reduce the loss of added nutrients from the soil.
- Raises soil pH (i.e. reduces soil acidity).
- Is able to hold a lot of water and this helps provide water to plants in some drought-prone soils.
- Increase soil aggregation, improving soil aeration.
Enriched Biochar 10kg Sack
Enriched (Activated or fermented) Biochar is our standard biochar mixed with farmyard manure, and fermented for a minimum of 6 months. It saves you time in seeing the benefits of adding biochar to your soil by already having completed the process of capturing nutrients into the charcoal. This increases the soil microbial activity which promotes the soil’s trace mineral supply and improves plant nutrient uptake.
By adding biochar to your soil it can result in less fertilizer, less irrigation and more growth. On top of that by incorporating biochar into the ground you are helping to fight global warming by performing carbon capture.