Our Gardener's Biochar 200kg Pallet is ideal for larger horticultural projects or for allotment associations and gardening clubs. It is a great organic soil conditioner...
- Gardener's Biochar holds and delivers nutrients to the soil.
- Biochar absorbs impurities from the soil.
- Retains moisture in light soils.
- Biochar helps condition heavy soils.
- Perfect for hanging baskets & pot plants.
- Excellent mulch or top dressing.
- It can help prevent water stagnation in ponds etc.
- Enhances plant growth and root development.
- Contains some nutrients such as Potassium, Phosphorus and Magnesium.
- Enhances disease and pest resistance.
- Locks nitrogen into the soil.
- Suppresses methane emissions from the soil (CH4, a global warming potential 21 times higher than Carbon dioxide).
- Reduces nitrous oxide emissions from soil (N2O, a global warming potential 300 times higher than Carbon dioxide).
- Reduce the loss of added nutrients from the soil.
- Raises soil pH (i.e. reduces soil acidity).
- Is able to hold a lot of water and this helps provide water to plants in some drought-prone soils.
- Increase soil aggregation, improving soil aeration.
Gardener's Biochar 200kg Pallet
Our Gardener's Biochar is a great organic soil conditioner.
Horticultural Charcoal, also known as Biochar consists of the smaller particles or fines of English hardwood species. High in potash with a PH value of 8 or 9, the charcoal should be used one part to every 10 of soil approximately.
By adding biochar to your soil it can result in less fertilizer, less irrigation and more growth. On top of that by incorporating biochar into the ground you are helping to fight global warming by performing carbon capture.